Are you passionate about studying abroad? Do you like to study in China with scholarship opportunities? If the answer is ‘yes’, then get ready to submit your applications for a brilliant government opportunity emerging all the way from China for all of you. International students are eligible to apply for the best and most beneficial opportunity in China – Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students. Applications are now open and invited.
Details about Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students
There is no doubt that Chinese Government Scholarships are awaited massively, and students from all parts of the world show their inclination toward them. The scholarships offered by the Shanghai government are laced with very attractive benefits. The scholarships are available for undergraduate, masters degrees, and PhD degree programs. Top-ranked universities in China are participating in this scholarship scheme. If interested, you may learn details, and then apply for the opportunity accordingly following instructions.
Similar Scholarship: Various Scholarships at McMaster University in Canada
Concise Description about Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023
Following is the information about the scholarships in a concise manner.
Host Country: China
Host Universities: Top-ranked universities in China
Study Programs: Pre-College Program, Undergraduate (Bachelors), Masters & Ph.D. Programs
Financial Benefits: Available (Higher Funding)
Deadline for Applications Submission: February 2023 to April 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS)
You need to meet the eligibility criteria in order to apply for this scholarship. Let’s now check out the details.
- Non-Chinese citizens who are in good health can apply.
- Those, who are applying for an undergraduate program, should possess a high school degree or above. Their age should be no more than 25.
- Those, who are applying for a Master’s degree, should possess a bachelor’s degree or above. Their age should be no more than 35.
- Those, who are applying for a PhD program, should possess a master’s degree or above with the ability for academic research. Their age should be no more than 40 years.
- Those applicants, who are applying for the pre-college program, need to get a high school degree. They need to be under 23 years of age and hold a letter of pre-admission for an undergraduate program from a Shanghai university.
- They need to be exceptional in academic performance.
- They should possess language proficiency. The applicant generally should get a Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the requirements for the language of the applied university and program.
- They need to meet the entry requirements of the applied program and the university.
- If you have received any other scholarships from the Chinese government or any organizations, you will not be entitled to make applications for SGS.
Note: There are 34 top-ranked Chinese universities participating in the SGS program. You may check about them at the bottom of the official webpage.
The scholarship scheme is classified into A and B types.
Type A: It will be a full scholarship that covers tuition, accommodation and living expenditures, and insurance for medical during the study period. Under this scholarship, the funding for prospective students applying for pre-college programs, undergraduate and postgraduate studies will be covered.
Type B: It will be a partial scholarship to be awarded to those exceptional prospective students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Under this type, coverage for tuition and medical insurance for the study period will be offered.
Note: Details about the financial coverage are presented at the bottom of the official webpage.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Turkiye Bulsari Scholarships (Fully Funded) to Study at Top Universities in Turkey
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program (Fully Funded) in USA
Universities and Shanghai Municipal Education Commission will organize activities like ‘Studying in Shanghai’ and ‘Experiencing China’ for international and SGS students helping them to better understand their society and culture in China and Shanghai.
- The recipients of scholarships will be guided by the universities about registration, visa application, and other related processes.
- The universities will provide accommodations to SGS students in their first year of study. Comprehensive evaluations will be conducted on SGS students’ attitudes, academic performance, and attendance every year.
- Those who are entitled as qualified will receive the scholarship in the following year. Students who fail their evaluation will be suspended from the scholarship for the following year. The evaluation report will be announced and it will be reported to the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission.
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023 Deadline
Generally, the application period revolves around February to April 2023. Thus, the date and application procedure might differ – you are required to refer to the official websites of the universities you are interested in applying.
How to Apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Students
Interested applicants may log onto the application portal that gives complete information on courses, universities, application periods, and procedures. Applicants can submit applications for scholarships on the website. Visit Shanghai Government Scholarship official website for more details.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
Related Opportunity: Aga Khan Foundation Offers International Scholarship Prgramme
More Related Scholarships You May Like