If you are seeking scholarship opportunities for your higher education abroad, this opportunity may help you out. The opportunity is the best option for student aid. You may get a good financial aid for your higher-level studies in the UK and South Africa with this massive opportunity. The facility is offered for postgraduate education to be held at the specific universities/institutions located in the United Kingdom or South Africa. If you are interested, you may submit your applications for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2023-2024.
Similar Scholarship: British Council New Narrative Grant, Applications Invited
Details about Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2023-2024
For 2022 session, the trust has conferred 22 scholarships to the students for their higher education held at British and South African universities with whom the trust had partnerships. Beit Trust Scholarships are provided for only postgraduate studies. There are no scholarships available for undergraduate programs, and the degree programs which are covered under this scheme are only Master’s.
The trust also does not support PhD research ab initio. Under exceptional circumstances and for Beit scholars of exceptional merit only, the trustees might consider stretching their support to doctorate (PhD) level. Besides, MBA applicants are also not considered.
The applications are now open and invited for the academic year starting from September 2023 for the universities in the UK, and January 2024 for the universities located in South Africa.
Relevant scholarship: United Nations Offers HSA Fellowships
Concise Description about Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships
Host Countries: United Kingdom & South Africa
Host Universities: Partner Universities in UK & South Africa
Program: Postgraduate Education
Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
Deadline: 20th February 2023
Beit Trust’s Partner Universities
If you want to know about Beit Trust Grants, you may visit its official website and learn all details. Regarding the partnerships the trust has with the universities of the UK and South Africa, it has numerous renowned and higher-ranked universities on its panel.
The applicants with acceptances from the partner universities will be held eligible for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships.
Before applying for scholarship, the applicants need to be accepted by any of the partner universities. Once you have the acceptance letter, you may then proceed with scholarship application.
The partner universities should offer a one-year taught Master’s in the UK, and a two-year taught Master’s in South Africa. Both should have research dimension and the applicants must have earned honors (first or upper second or their equivalent) at their undergraduate level.
The following partnerships with the universities provide trust the chance to confer joint scholarships such as Beit-UCT, Beit-Cambridge, etc. It could also change from time to time.
The students must remember that the applications to University of Glasgow are for Bio-medical subjects only. The applications for St. Andrews University are for Computer Science only whereas the applications for University of Strathclyde should be for engineering fields only.
Related Scholarship: Submit Applications for the Commonwealth Youth Awards 2023
Partner Universities in the United Kingdom
- University of Cambridge
- The University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- University of Oxford
- University of Leeds
- Blavatnik School of Government
- University of St. Andrews
- University of Strathclyde Glasgow
Partner Universities in South Africa
- University of Cape Town
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
The above-mentioned universities for your postgraduate education UK and postgraduate studies in South Arica are the best options.
Another Scholarship: Fully Funded Scholarships in The Netherlands
Eligibility Criteria for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2023-2024
To be considered for this opportunity, you need to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Only the nationals of Zambia, Malawi and Zimbabwe are eligible to apply.
- The applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) need to be 30 years of age till 31st December 2022. Relevant work experience of the candidates after completion of their first degree will be highly recommended and will be counted towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and vets have to be under 35 years of age on 31s December 2022. They have completed 18 months of internship and a one-year preferably rural posting in Zimbabwe, Zambia or Malawi.
- The trust does not entertain or consider the applications from those applicants who have already started a course.
- The applicants with first class/distinction or upper second-class degrees (or their equivalent) at undergraduate level will be considered.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Quebec Merit Based Scholarships in Canada
- Residential Fellowships Available in USA
- MasterCard Foundation Fully Funded Scholarships
Financial Benefits for Beit Trust Postgraduate scholarships
It is a fully funded opportunity. The successful students will be awarded with following benefits.
- The fees, costs of tuition and relevant academic expenditures of the applicants will be covered. All of these expenses will be paid by the Beit Trust directly to the partner universities.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority, covering applicants’ maintenance support will be provided.
- Other allowances will also be paid such as for arrival, laptop and departure.
- Economy class airfare for initial journey and final return.
- Please note that there are no allowances to be paid for applicants’ family, dependents or spouses. For more details financial coverage and about the applicants’ insurance, you may visit the official website.
Deadline for Applications
The last submission date for applications is February 20th, 2023.
Check it: University of Manchester Scholarships to Study in UK
How to Apply for Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2023-2024
The interested applicants may visit the official website for complete details about the opportunity and application procedure. Once you have read all details and arranged the documents, etc., you may visit the application portal to submit the applications.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
Also Check: Fully Funded United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship Program
WhatsApp Group Quora Space Linkedin Linkedin Group Linkedin Page Facebook Page Facebook Group Twitter Telegram Channel Telegram Group Instagram SnapChat Flipboard Tumblr
More Related Scholarships You May Like
Building Tomorrow Scholarships for Masters & PhD Programs
Silesian University of Technology Scholarships in Poland
TKS Full Ride Scholarships for International Students