Are you seeking a doctorate degree? Are you the one who is interested in doing a PhD in the Netherlands? If the answer to these questions seems or appears to be ‘yes’, then there is a brilliant and mind-blowing opportunity out there in Europe – in the Netherlands for you. This a actually a PhD position that is waiting for your application. If interested, you may go on and apply for the same after going through all the important details. This particular PhD position is available and offered at none other than the University of Twente. You may now go ahead and grab complete details about the PhD Position at the University of Twente next in this post.
Details about the PhD Position at the University of Twente
Before this research opportunity is discussed, let’s explore brief details about the university as well. Founded in 1961, the University of Twente is a renowned public technical university located in Enschede, Netherlands. The university is often placed in the top 170 universities in the world by various ranking tables. As far as the University of Twente QS Ranking is concerned, it is ranked 210 in its latest table. The university is popular as being among the best research universities in the world.
Coming back to the PhD position offered at the university, well, the open vacancy is for a ‘PhD Position in Home Care Innovation Capacity Building’.
Similar Scholarship: Scholarships at Northeastern University London
Description About the PhD Position in Home Care Innovation Capacity Building
The University of Twente’s Entrepreneurship and Technology Management (ETM) section is pleased to announce this vacant PhD position. Applications are now invited for this PhD position focused on innovations in home care. The university is looking for a curious and highly motivated PhD candidate who will work on increasing and developing innovation adoption and supplier mobilization.
We are looking for a highly motivated and curious PhD candidate who will work on enhancing innovation adoption and supplier mobilization. There is no doubt in the fact that healthcare in particular home care is largely affected by the demographics. The ageing population is causing a high demand by aged (elderly) people, and at the same time, healthcare starts facing a decreasing number of employed caregivers. Therefore, the challenge for home care organizations is to find solutions for the increasing workload and a decreasing workforce.
Hence, this related research will pour its focus on strengthening capabilities within home care. First, the external perspective will be on stimulating novel (innovative) suppliers to drive innovations to support caregivers, nurses, and patients. Secondly, the internal view will focus on accepting innovations to enhance patient value and decrease expenditures for healthcare to create impact.
The Challenge for PhD Candidate
Being a PhD candidate, you will do your research deeply on capacity building in the home care sector, supplier mobilization, and innovation adoption by employing quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
There will be close collaborations between you and practitioners, Dutch healthcare, suppliers, patients, regulatory authorities, and other stakeholders to get detailed insights into the complexities of the sector of healthcare. In collaboration with expert supervisors, you will also engage in regular knowledge exchange and interactions within the lab setting.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Study in The Netherlands with the University of Twente
- Exchange Student Program Available in Croatia
Eligibility Criteria (Candidate’s Profile) for PhD Position at the University of Twente
If you really like to be considered for the PhD Position in Home Care Innovation Capacity Building, you need to meet the eligibility requirements. The university seeks a highly motivated researcher who is packed with curiosity. The researcher needs to meet the following criteria:
- The candidate needs to have a Master’s degree or its equivalent in a related field such as Procurement, Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Management, etc. (it should be noted that the candidates who are close to graduating are encouraged to apply).
- The applicant should be laced with good team spirit plus the ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- The candidate should possess social and communication skills relevant to working in interdisciplinary environments.
- The candidate willing to apply for this position must be able to do independent research and possess exceptional analytical, scientific and research writing skills.
- The applicant for this position should have the capacity for innovative, critical thinking, out-of-the-box, and creative problem-solving.
- The candidate should also be dedicated, persistent, and determined to finalize a PhD trajectory in 4 years.
- English proficiency is required such as conversation, presentation and writing skills (at least C1). Besides, command over the Dutch language (about B1 or willingness to learn) will be considered an asset as empirical research is (partly) conducted in Dutch home care.
Financial Benefits (What is Offered)
The university encourages higher independence and responsibility while making collaborations with colleagues, partners, other university staff, and researchers. The terms of employment will be according to the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO). The university offers a full-time four-year PhD position with a qualifier in the first year, a personal development program within the Twente Graduate School, and exceptional mentorship in a stimulating research environment with outstanding facilities. The offer also includes:
- You will receive a gross monthly salary of € 2.770 in the first year, increasing each year up to € 3.539 in the fourth year.
- You will also receive exceptional benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a solid pension scheme, and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- In the case of full-time employment, you will also get 29 holidays per year.
- A training programme as part of the Twente Graduate School will be offered where you and your assigned supervisors will determine a plan for suitable supervision and education.
- You will witness a green campus with free access to sports facilities and an international scientific community.
- It is a family-friendly institution that provides parental leave both unpaid and paid.
- You will get full status as a University of Twente employee and enjoy benefits like healthcare, pension, and good secondary conditions.
Deadline to Submit the Applications
If you have developed an interest in this opportunity, you should submit your application before 8th December 2023.
How to Apply for PhD Position at the University of Twente
Your application should include a cover letter (maximum of two pages in A4 format), curriculum vitae, and English test scores. For details about the required documents and relevant details, you should visit the official call and search under ‘information and application’. Besides, you may also visit the official call for complete details and the application process.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like