Are you on your way to finding the best PhD positions? If yes and you want them in Europe? Then, get ready to apply for the best available now for you. Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden offers you the opportunity to avail. The university is looking for three highly motivated and skilled graduates who are interested in nanotechnology and nanoscience. The chosen applicants will be conferred with a PhD position that they can place at any research group connected to the Excellence Initiative Nano at Chalmers, and with which the applicants may also coordinate their particular PhD program. If interested, you may now submit your applications for the Chalmers University of Technology PhD Vacancies (for this particular position).
Details about Chalmers University of Technology PhD Vacancies
Funded by a particular research project, these positions are very special. The majority of the PhD student positions at the university (Chalmers University) are announced by a particular research group.
With an Excellence Ph.D. position (Ph.D. student position), the candidates have their own funding which gives them wider freedom in selecting both the research project and research group. The major responsibilities of the students will be pursuing their own doctoral programs (studies). They are expected to develop their own scientific concepts and they are expected to communicate the results of their research in writing and verbally.
This position also generally consists of teaching on the undergraduate level at Chalmers or delivering other duties corresponding to twenty percent of working hours.
Similar Scholarship: Shanghai Government Scholarships for International Students
Concise Description Regarding PhD Positions at Chalmers University
Let’s now find out details about the PhD positions.
Host Country: Sweden
Host University: Chalmers University
Program: PhD Positions
Financial Benefits: PhD Vacancy
Deadline for Submission of Applications: 15th March 2023
About Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
The university is popular around the world and is rated high. It conducts research and education in the fields of architecture, engineering sciences, technology-related mathematical sciences, and natural and nautical sciences. It works in close collaboration with industry and society. The strategy of excellence of the university largely focuses on its six areas of advance namely energy, information and communication technology, health engineering, materials science, production and transport.
As far as Chalmers University of Technology ranking is concerned, it ranks at 125th position on QS World University rankings.
- If you would like to be eligible to submit your applications, your final exam for the Master’s program should be taken place (or needs to have taken place) after 1st June 2022.
- Those students, who are already accepted into a PhD school, will not be eligible to apply for this position.
Selection Criteria for Chalmers University of Technology PhD Vacancies
The selection of the chosen candidates will be based on three criteria:
- Candidate’s MSc and BSc grades
- A write-up is required – you need to write a two-page write-up showing your background and motivation to pursue a PhD. You need to particularly motivate your interest in nanotechnology and the nanoscience field and why you are pursuing Ph.D. at Chalmers. The letter should also contain a description of your present MSc project and/or future research interests along with your personal qualities.
- Six top-level candidates will be invited for an interview. Thus, your performance at the interview will be taken place. The interview is scheduled for 19th April 2023.
Note: Those who are successful in selection will begin their PhD position before the end of the year 2023.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Turkiye Burslari Scholarships (Fully Funded) for International Students
- Various Types of Scholarships at McMaster University in Canada
Contract Terms for PhD Positions
The contract will be full-time temporary employment. Although the duration of the position is limited to 4 years but can be stretched to a maximum of 5 years by taking on additional duties like teaching.
Applications Deadline for These Positions
The last date for the submission of applications is 15th March 2023.
- Resume/CV (you need to name it: CV, Family Name, Ref. Number)
- Two references (who can be contacted)
- Previous employments or leadership qualifications and positions of interest
- Personal letter (the letter should be named: Personal Letter, Family Name, Ref. Number)
- A two-page write-up (details of which have already been mentioned above)
- Copies of your Master’s and Bachelor’s studies
- Attested copies and transcripts of candidates’ completed education, grades, and other certificates such as TOEFL results are required
How to Apply for Chalmers University of Technology PhD Vacancies
Complete applications need to be written in English and should be marked with Ref 20220610. They need to be sent electronically and attached as PDF files. The maximum size for each file should be 40 MB. Zip files should not be sent. Visit the official call for PhD positions to learn all details. To Apply, you need to fill up the online application form available on the official call page.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like