Students, who are seeking scholarship opportunities to study abroad, need to be ready to witness a massive opportunity. The opportunity is available in New Zealand. International students may avail of this interesting and lucrative facility. If you like to study in New Zealand, then learn the details so that you can then apply accordingly. Scholarships are available for international students. Applications are open for the University of Waikato International Progression Bursary. If interested, you may get details and follow the instructions.
Details about the University of Waikato International Progression Bursary
The opportunity is open for postgraduate (taught) and postgraduate (research) programs. The value to be offered is up to NZD $10,000. The best part about this scholarship facility is that all subject areas are available under this opportunity. All nationalities are eligible and welcome to apply.
This bursary was established in 2022 to promote educational opportunities, support exceptional international students, and foster internationalization to progress from undergraduate to postgraduate level for the first time at the University of Waikato.
There is no application requirement for this scholarship. The international office of the university will identify eligible students, as the office will forward details to the scholarship team. Successful students will get the award that is applied to tuition fees only and is not transferable. The values of the award are in NZD.
Similar Scholarship: Royal Roads University Scholarships in Canada
Concise Description Regarding the University of Waikato Scholarships
Following is the information in a concise manner for the understanding of all applicants interested in going for this program.
Host Country: New Zealand
Host University: University of Waikato
Available Study Programs: Postgraduate (Taught) and Postgraduate (Research)
Subject Area: Any
Financial Benefits: Available
Deadline: No Closing Date
- Applicants should not be domestic students. International students are eligible to apply.
- They must have applied to enroll for the first time at a postgraduate level at the University of Waikato.
- They have earned/complete their Bachelor’s degree at the University of Waikato within 2 years of the proposed date of enrolment in the postgraduate program.
- Applicants must have obtained a conditional or unconditional offer of study (offer of a place) and also have applied for a postgraduate program directly without assistance from an education agency.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Fully Funded Scholarships at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea
- University of Fraser Valley Scholarships Available for International Students
If the applicants want to maintain their eligibility, they need to do the following:
- They have to enroll in a postgraduate study program within 2 years of completing a Bachelor’s degree at the University of Waikato.
- The recipients must be in the year(s) of tenure and be enrolled in a full-time study program.
- They need to be living in New Zealand for the duration of the award.
- Some or all of their tuition fees must not have been funded through another means by the University of Waikato (except for the UOW International Office Bursary that might be conducted concurrently).
- Recipients must not be coming to the university (Waikato University) through a sponsoring body.
- Besides, they must not be coming to the university (Waikato University) on a guaranteed credit arrangement, or via a student exchange or study abroad agreement.
- The recipients have not to be represented by an education agency during the enrolment or application process at any point unless agreed otherwise with the university’s international office.
- They need to maintain their ‘international student’ status in the student management system of the university during their entire scholarship tenure.
Value of the Award, Tenure, and Awarding
$5000 will be provided to those undertaking a 120-point program of study. $10,000 for those students undertaking a 180–240-point program of study. The award value will be applied directly to the tuition fees for the selected study program(s) once the enrolment process is completed. It is to be noted that if the enrolment spans more than one year, the award will be applied pro-rata across both years as the program of study becomes available.
The tenure of the scholarship (award) will be one year and valid only within the year it is conferred. Those, who are eligible, will get a letter confirming their eligibility for the award and the amount to be conferred to them. In order to accept this award, students need to fully enroll in their chosen study program as referenced on their eligibility letter.
Deadline for Application
There is no closing date for the application.
How to Apply for the University of Waikato International Progression Bursary
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like