Well, Canada does entice students from all parts of the world who want to come here for study purposes. International students really want to study in Canada. This is because of the rich educational culture and higher-ranked institutions over there. Even, the researchers are inclined towards the country for their research activities. So, you too might jump off your feet while hearing the news that a fellowship program has been announced in Canada. This postdoc fellowship program is geared up to allure the applicants. Backed by the Government of Canada, applications are open and invited for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program. Let’s now sink deep into the details to learn about the opportunity.
Details about The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
As far as this program is concerned, it confers funding to very exceptional postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will very positively make a contribution to the country’s social, economic, and research-based growth. This opportunity is among the best Canadian government scholarships. If you really want to avail this opportunity, carefully read all instructions and relevant details, and then make a gripping application to submit according to the instructions mentioned on the official website.
Similar Scholarship: 1000 Scholarships are Offered for Undergraduate Programs at Melbourne University
Objectives for Canada’s Government’s Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
The objective of this postdoctoral fellowship program is to:
- Attract and retain national and international top-tier postdoctoral talents.
- Develop their potential for leadership.
- Position those talented researchers for success as future research leaders.
Scope for This Fellowship Program
Per year, 70 fellowships are conferred (if there is an availability of more funds, additional fellowships could also be awarded). Around 140 awards are active at any time. Fellowships are equally distributed among:
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Note: Applicants may visit the official details page for more details about this fellowship program.
Features of The Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
The fellowship program is considered unique in its emphasis on the synergy between:
The Applicant: Their potential and individual merit to initiate a successful research-intensive career and
The Host Institution: Their alignment with the strategic priorities of the institution and their commitments to the research program.
Application for these postdoctoral fellowships program needs to be completed by the applicant in full collaboration with the proposed host institution. The submission deadline for the applications is 20th September 2023. It is always advised to submit applications well before time.
Areas of Research
The following are the areas of research:
- Natural Sciences and/or Engineering
- Health Research
- Social Sciences and/or Humanities
Eligibility Criteria for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Let’s find out about Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships eligibility requirements now.
- Citizens of Canada, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign nationals are eligible for this program provided that they meet the below-mentioned conditions:
- Non-Canadian citizens or those who are not permanent residents of Canada could only hold this fellowship program at a Canadian institution.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and the ones who got their PhD, PhD equivalent, or health professional degree obtained from a university abroad could only hold this Banting Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and those who obtained their PhD, PhD equivalent, or health professional degree taken from a Canadian university might hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program at either an institution of Canada or an institution situated outside of Canada.
- Applicants for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2023-24 have to fulfill or have fulfilled their all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD equivalent, or health professional degree between 15th September 2020 and 30th September 2024 (inclusively), and before the beginning of their award.
- At the time of application, applicants who have not met/fulfilled all their degree requirements have to submit proof no later than 15th October 2024.
- For those applicants who have obtained/completed more than one PhD equivalent, PhD or health professional degree, the eligibility window will apply to the most recent of these degrees.
Note: Applicants must visit the official eligibility criteria requirements such as the eligibilities of the applicants, degrees, host institutions, and other eligibility restrictions.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- ICS Visiting Fellowship Program in Hong Kong with Attractive Funding
- Tuition-Free Universities in Europe for Domestic and International Students
Financial Benefits for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The successful applicants will receive $70,000 per year (taxable) for the duration of 2 years (non-renewable).
Deadline to Submit the Applications
The last submission date for applications for the fellowship program is 20th September 2023. If interested, you need to be quick in applying.
How to Apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
There is an application process, which you need to follow to submit your application. It is advisable to read the instructions very carefully and follow with care to submit your application for this fellowship program. Visit the official application instructions webpage for complete details. You may also read the official call for the fellowship program.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
Also Visit: Evelyn Hodes Wilson Scholarships in the USA
More Related Scholarships You May Like