Do you seek academic positions, particularly in the Netherlands? If so, there is a brilliant opportunity waiting for you to grab it. The University of Amsterdam offers this marvelous ad most attractive opportunity to lure researchers. There is no doubt that UvA is widely famous for its quality education, faculties, research activities, and research funding in the world. Students and researchers from all parts of the world are quite inclined towards going there for their educational and research goals. If you are among them, you may apply for the academic positions available there. Learn about the details of the postdoctoral researchers required at the University of Amsterdam. Let’s now check out the same.
Details about the Postdoctoral Researchers Required at the University of Amsterdam
The Van’t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) is located at the Amsterdam Science Park and is one of the eight institutes of the University of Amsterdam Faculty of Science. HIMS offers post-doc projects in sustainable chemistry. HIMS conducts internationally higher-quality chemical research and offers education within numerous university programs.
If you like working in the interdisciplinary research setting and your passion goes for sustainable chemistry, one of the post-doctoral projects out there could be suited for you.
Similar Scholarship: The Chinese University of Hong Kong Offers Fellowship Programme
Concise Description about the University of Amsterdam Vacancies (Postdoctoral Researchers)
You may now find out the details in a concise manner, which will make the details very clear and instant for you.
Host Country: The Netherlands
Host University: The University of Amsterdam
Vacancies: Postdoctoral Researchers in Sustainable Chemistry
Faculty/Services: Faculty of Science
Educational Level: PhD
Type: Academic Staff
Salary: Yes with Many Other Benefits
Vacancy Number: 11411
Closing Date of Applications: 30th June 2023
About The University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
The University of Amsterdam is among the best and high-ranked universities in the Netherlands. It offers a wide range of academic programs. According to reports, around 30,000 students, 6000 staff members, and 3000 Ph.D. candidates study and work in various fields.
What is Your Role?
The university has defined seven ambitious interdisciplinary projects to begin this RPA postdoctoral program. If interested, you may check out the descriptions here. A project that fits your drive and experience can be selected. The important task is to conduct a research project in discussion with two PIs.
Your Responsibilities and Tasks
- You need to conduct independent research in this project that results in academic publications in peer-reviewed international journals.
- You will actively contribute to the activities of research of the RPA Sustainable Chemistry, including having regular discussions with other post-docs.
- You will also be required to conduct a meeting on the topic of this program.
- You will supervise Bachelor and Master projects and tutor students.
What You Are Required to Offer?
You will be able to express and explain your work to both scientists with experimental as well as with theoretical and informatics backgrounds. You will be able to work independently and you can reflect on your own results and conclusions.
Required Experience and Profile
- You need to possess a PhD degree in chemistry with a specialization relevant to the project of your choice.
- You should be flexible and ready to participate in cooperation and multidisciplinary development.
- You should be a committed researcher demonstrated by publications in academic publishers and international refereed academic journals.
- You need to have good time management skills and strong initiative.
- You should ideally possess professional communication skills both in written and spoken English.
Salary and Other Benefits
The university offers a temporary employment contract for 38 hours per week for a period of one year (12 months). You may also expect an extension of 6 to 12 months based on available funding combined with your adequate performance. The preferable commencement date is 1st September. Your appointment will be full-time (38 hours per week), but there is a negotiable possibility of part-time employment ((0,8 FTE) implicating a longer extension as compensation is also available.
Your monthly gross salary might range between €2,960 – € 4,670 (scale 10) based on 38 hours per week and dependent on related experience. This does not include an 8,3% year-end allowance and 8% holiday allowance. It is to be noted that UFO profile researcher 4 is applicable. For non-Dutch applicants, there is a favorable tax agreement, the 30% ruling that might apply.
Apart from the salary, you will also be offered various other fringe benefits, details of which are mentioned as under:
- You will be provided with 232 holiday hours per year (based on full-time) and extra holidays between Christmas and 1st
- You may get multiple courses to follow from the university’s teaching and learning center.
- You will also get multiple courses on subjects/topics like handling stress, time management, and an online learning platform with 100 plus various courses.
- Selected candidates will also be offered seven weeks birth leave (partner leave) with one hundred percent salary.
- Chosen candidates will also be offered partly paid parental leave.
- If you are moving from abroad, you will also be provided help with your housing for a small apartment or studio.
- You will get the possibility to follow courses that offer Dutch learning.
- You will get a pension at ABP for which the University of Amsterdam pays two third part of the contribution.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Get Up to $60,000 Funding at A Business School in the USA
- Al-Nahrain University Offers Funding for Bachelors, Masters & PhD Programs
Deadline to Submit Application
The closing date for this opportunity is 30th June 2023. It is advisable to submit the application well before time.
How to Apply for Postdoctoral Researchers Required at the University of Amsterdam
If you think you fit the bill, you are most welcome to apply for this opportunity laced with an attractive salary and many other luring benefits. The university accepts applications till 30th June 2023 and will continue recruiting until all positions are filled.
If you feel the profile fits you, and you are interested in the job, we look forward to receiving your application. You can apply online via the button below. We accept applications until and including 30 June 2023 and will recruit until all positions are filled. Your application should include (PDF files)
- Your detailed CV that includes the months (not just years) when you refer to your education and work experience, includes a list of publications, the names and email addresses of two references who are able to provide letters of recommendation.
- A motivation letter mentioning the particular project(s) (1,2, 3,….7) you apply for.
Complete applications submitted within the response period via the application link (available on the official call) will be taken into consideration. You may visit the official call for more details and the application procedure.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like