South Africa, where attracts visitors for its eye-pleasing locales and tourists’ attractions, also grabs the eyes for its world-class education that is rated higher in the world. Now get ready to avail the opportunity of Dr. Sylvia Meek Entomology Scholarship to be conducted at the world-renowned University of Pretoria in South Africa. This is for the Master’s program and the deadline for the application is 8th February 2021 for all international applicants.
Information Regarding Dr. Sylvia Meek Entomology Scholarship
Since it is a partnership between the Malaria Consortium and the University of Pretoria (South Africa) to continue the Dr. Sylvia Meek Scholarship for Entomology, these scholarships are also called University of Pretoria scholarships. This scholarship was launched in Sylvia’s honor by Malaria Consortium and is now all set to empower the new generation of public health entomologists and malaria staff both in Africa and Asia.
Something about the University of Pretoria
The university was launched way back in 1908 and is a non-profit public higher education institution that is located in the suburban area of the metropolitan city and the capital of South Africa. It is a large university as rated as the best co-educational institution for higher studies. It offers undergraduates, Masters, and Ph.D. degree programs. UP postgraduate bursaries and undergraduate bursaries are quite popular among world students.
Also Check: Free IELTS Preparation by British Council UK
Eligibility Criteria for Dr. Sylvia Meek Entomology Scholarship
You need to fulfill the eligibility criteria if you want to be chosen for these scholarships. The applicants need to be nationals of the following countries.
- Burkina Faso
- The Central African Republic
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea
- The Gambia
- Ivory Coast
- The Republic of the Congo
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
To obtain these scholarships in South Africa, you also need to fulfill other eligibilities which include the following:
- You need to possess an honors degree or its equivalent in Entomology or a related subject.
- You should have an adequate or good grip over the English language (as the medium of instruction will be English).
- The applicants should show interest in the subject and demonstrate the commitment to entomology and the control of vector-borne diseases.
- By the time of application submission, the applicants should be no more than 35 in age.
These are no doubt the best UP bursaries 2021 to avail. Although there are numerous student bursaries available in the world, the inclination towards Dr. Sylvia Meek Entomology Scholarship is seen as higher.
Also Check: Study in Canada with Fully Funded Scholarships
The scholarship is fully funded. The chosen applicants will receive all the benefits for the coverage of their studies in South Africa such as
- Full tuition fee
- Research allowance (total value of ZAR60,000 (ZAR30,000 per year)
- Accommodation and board allowance (ZAR 78,000 per year for upkeep costs)
- Air tickets from home to South Africa and return home after program completion (for international students)
- Health insurance (up to the duration of the program i.e., 2 years)
Application Process (How to Apply for Dr. Sylvia Meek Entomology Scholarship)
To apply and submit the applications for this program, you need to go to the official link of the program and read the complete instructions mentioned on the page and apply accordingly. Click on the OFFICIAL LINK for application submission.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.