Get ready now to apply for UNESCO Internship Programme for everyone to apply for. If you are interested in making your career in the fields such as science, education or culture, then this internship opportunity offered by UNESCO will turn out to be the best for you. This internship programme offers the internees with practical work in one of UNESCO’s priority areas. Apart from helping the internees be aware and understand the mandate of the organization, programmes and main thrusts, this opportunity increases internees’ academic knowledge with relevant work assignment which will surely help the internees to prepare for the upcoming career.
Relevant Scholarship: Australian National University Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia
Details about UNESCO Internship Programme
This opportunity is open for everyone from the world. It does not matter from which country do you belong, you may apply for this internship programme. Since UNESCO is an agency of the United Nations, you may also search for UN internship opportunities on search engines or on UN’s website if you are interested in doing internships with the United Nations. As for UNESCO Jobs or internships, they are well-received by the applicants from the world, and everyone would like to make their applications for the vacant positions. You may find the vacant and current positions all the time on UNESCO’s website.
This internship fits best to those applicants who are interested in the fields like science, education or culture.
Concise Description about UNESCO Internship Programme
Let’s find out the details about this internship in a concise manner as under:
Host Institute/Entity: UNESCO
Eligible Countries: Open to all nationalities
Deadline: Not defined (check the official website for updates)
About UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) is a specialized agency of U.N. (United Nations). Its purpose is to promote peace and security in the world through international cooperation in the fields of science, education and culture.
Related Scholarship: RISE (DAAD) Germany Fully Funded Internship in Germany
The applicants are eligible to apply, if:
- They have completed their full-time university studies such as bachelor’s program or its equivalent at a university or equivalent institution before the beginning of the assignment, or
- They have enrolled in a graduate program such as a second university degree or Master’s program or its equivalent or higher at the time of application submission, or
- They have completed their graduation recently with a degree from university like first or second degree as defined above within last one-year timeframe.
Note: Those applicants who are in technical/professional assignment or secretarial/assistant have to be enrolled in a secretarial school or in a specialized professional/technical institution. They must have also reached the last year of their studies, or have lately graduated from their school or institution (within last one-year timeframe).
Requirements for UNESCO Internship Programme
If you are seeking UNESCO online internship, you have to check its official website to check if they are offered or not? Now coming back to the current internship opportunity, let’s check out the requirements, you need to possess if you like to apply for this program. Let’s check out below:
- You need to be minimum of 20 years of age.
- You need to have an outstanding command over both written and spoken English and French. If you have a working knowledge of the other language (French or English), it will be considered a plus, an asset and might also be required for internships in assistantship and secretarial assignments at the headquarters.
- You should possess a brilliant knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- You should be a team player, and be able to work in a team and you should adapt to an international working environment.
- You need to have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What is Needed for Preparation for UNESCO Internship Programme?
- The chosen applicants need to obtain necessary visas.
- The selected applicants are required to make the arrangements and finance their travel to the location where they will undertake their internship.
- The applicants are also required to show the proof of a detailed health insurance valid in the country where they will undertake their internship and for the whole period of this program. UNESCO will only endow the applicants with limited insurance coverage (up to) USD 30,000 against the risks of illness, disability or death during the internship program’s period.
- Prior to the start of their internship, the applicants need to provide a medical certificate showing they are fit to work.
- They also need to provide their certificate of enrollment, ID or diploma (if they have just graduated recently).
Deadline for Applications
There is no specific deadline for application submission. You need to continuously check it on its official website.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- AKFA University Offers Scholarships for International Students in Uzbekistan
- York University Scholarships in Canada
- Fully Funded International Scholarships in Belgium
Before You Apply
There must a question regarding UNESCO internship salary with you. Well, to check it whether it is paid or not, you should check at the official website or contact the relevant authorities in this regard.
Before you apply for this internship opportunity, you need to do the following:
- Prepare your motivation letter and resume before you fill up the application form. You will have only one hour to finish the procedure.
- The fields marked * are mandatory.
- When applying, you will either use English or French.
- Only one application can be submitted.
- The duration of the internship program ranges between 3 to 6 months.
- Remember, there is no remuneration for interns by UNESCO. Besides, there will be no compensation – financial or otherwise for the assignment of internship.
- If you are found eligible for this program, nonetheless there is no guarantee for placement.
- The UNESCO managers across the globe access the applications. The applications stay in UNESCO’s database for the period of 6 months.
- If chose, the applicants will be contacted directly by the manager. If a candidate does not receive any update from UNESCO within 6 months’ time, it means that the applications has not been successful.
How to Apply for UNESCO Internship Programme
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like