RUHR University Bochum in Germany has now announced Corona Special Grant for international students. Due to the pandemic situation, majority of the students have landed into troubles of financial hardships. This is the reason that the university has now initiated Ruhr University Bochum Scholarship scheme for international students. This grant supports the students during this period of crisis.
Details about Ruhr University Bochum Scholarship
The RUB Scholarship has been announced for the students in financial need due to the pandemic situation prevailing all over the world that has spoiled world economy. The grant will be conferred to the chosen students on per month basis by the university. More details about the grant are mentioned as under:
University: Ruhr University Bochum
Programs Eligible: Bachelor’s and Master’s Students (read details below in eligibility)
Financial Benefits: Special Grant
Deadline for Applications: 2nd August 2021
About Ruhr University Bochum
It is a public research university located in Ruhr area of Bochum in Germany. Founded in 1962, it happened to be the first new public university in Germany post World War II. Being a part of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Ruhr University Bochum is among the largest universities in Germany.
The university has the distinction of replacing the traditional German Diplom and Magister with international Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. It became one of the first universities in Germany by introducing international Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Presently, the university offers a total of 184 different study programs in all academic fields.
Eligibility Criteria for Ruhr University Bochum Scholarship
The university opens applications to international students of Ruhr-Universität Bochum. The terminology ‘international students’ here refers to those students who possess a foreign nationality, and those who did not obtain their higher education entrance qualification (such as Abitur) at a German school and who are living in Germany for the purpose of studying. More eligibility requirements for Bochum scholarship are mentioned as following:
- Bachelor’s students should possess minimum 60 credits.
- Master’s students may lodge their applications from their second Master’s semester onwards.
- There is an exception for Master’s students: The students of Master’s program in the first semester who have completed the Bachelor’s program at Ruhr-Universität.
- Students in Medicine field have to be able to complete the studies in a two years’ time frame.
Note: If the students plan to complete their studies in upcoming semester, they should apply for the Graduation Grant.
Financial Coverage/Grant for COVID Aid International Students
The financial support for international students will be as follows:
- The chosen students will receive €300 per month.
- This grant will be provided for a period of 6 months (October-March).
- Apart from the financial support, there is a scholarship mentoring program as well including:
- Group meetings
- Individual consultations
Documents Required for Ruhr-Universität Bochum Scholarship
To get considered for this international students hardship fund, you need to provide below mentioned documents.
- CV (Maximum two pages)*
- Motivation letter (maximum one page)*
- Recommendation letter from lecturer of university on your academic performance and prospects of academic success.**
- Copy of residence permit (passport in case if you are an EU student).*
- Bank statement (for previous three months March/April/May) for all of your bank accounts.*
- BAföG notification (if available).*
- Transcript of records.
- Present certificate of enrollment.*
- Proof of social commitment or special achievements.
*You need to upload the mandatory documents in application portal
**These mandatory documents should either be sent directly to email@example.com by the applicants or uploaded to the application portal.
Deadline for Applications for Ruhr University Bochum Scholarship
The last date for applications submission for Ruhr university scholarship is 2nd August 2021.
How to Apply
To apply for the international student grants, the applicants need to click on the official page of the university for application submission.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like