Fully funded scholarships always entice to the most. Besides, it is a big honor if you receive the award. Let’s now get prepared to submit the applications for Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program being offered to the students from developing countries (whose countries are mentioned in the list). The program available is Masters degree under this scholarship scheme.
Details about Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
The scholarship is available only for Master’s degrees, and is available for the academic year 2022-2024. There are two rounds for the deadlines of applications. The scholarship opportunity is for both men and women. The students from developing countries having relevant experience along with a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts are eligible to apply. The applicants are required to make their applications for a master’s program in a development-related subject.
Concise Description about World Bank Scholarships Program
Let’s now find out details in a concise manner for the ease of all applicants. Check the details as under:
Countries: U.S.A, Europe, Oceania, Japan and Africa
Institutions/Universities: Participating Universities/Institutions of the above-mentioned countries
Programs: Participating programs offered by the participating universities (check with the universities/institutions)
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline for Applications: Two rounds
Programs of Study
Under Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship 2022, the scholarships are available for participating programs offered at the universities/institutions in Europe, USA, Oceania, Japan and Africa. Find out about the participating programs.
About World Bank
The World Bank is a world-renowned organization which is an international financial institution which provides grants and loans to lower and middle-income countries’ governments. The financial help is provided for the purpose of pursuing capital projects. It has 189 member countries, and has employees (staff) from more than 170 countries, and has its presence (offices) in 130 locations.
The students from the developing countries, which are the member of World Bank, are eligible to submit their applications for the program. Find out about the eligible countries for JJWBGSP scholarship.
The successful students will be offered fully funded scholarships for their education. Following is the coverage, they will receive:
- Tuition fees
- Airfare (round ticket)
- Living stipend per month
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
Note: The scholarship covers the entire duration of the program or 2 years, whichever is less.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- UNICEF Offers Free Online Courses with Free Certificates
- University of Idaho Offers Scholarships to Study in USA
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships for International Students
Eligibility Criteria for The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Only the applicants from the developing countries which are World Bank’s members can apply.
- They applicants should not possess a dual citizenship of any developed country.
- They must possess a bachelor’s (or its equivalent) degree which was earned minimum three years before the deadline of application date.
- They need to be in good health.
- The applicants should have three years or more work experience relevant to development works. It must have been started after the completion of bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree.
- They need to be employed in a development-related work (as a paid full-time job) by the time they submit their scholarship application. They should have minimum of three years paid development-related job after obtaining their bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) and gained within last six years from the date of application deadline.
- Prior to or on the scholarship deadline, they need to be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the next academic year to any of the master’s programs (offered by JJWBGSP) located outside their country (country of citizenship and residence) by the time the calls for applications submissions open. The applicants need to upload the acceptance letter before they submit the application.
- The applicants should not be an executive director, or his/her alternate, or/and the employee of any kind of appointment of the World Bank or they should not be a close relative of the aforesaid by blood or adoption with the terminology ‘close relative’ described as ‘father, mother, half-sister, sister brother, half-brother, daughter, son, niece, uncle or nephew.
Similar Scholarship: Netherlands Government Scholarship (Orange Knowledge) Fully Funded
Deadline for Applications
There are two windows of applications namely Windows One and Windows Two.
Windows One – 17th January 2022 to 28th February 2022. Details can be found here.
Windows Two – 29th March 2022 to 27th May 2022. Details can be found here.
How to Apply for The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
For World Bank Scholarship 2022-2024, the complete details about application procedure and all relevant information can be found at the official website.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
Also Check: Montreal University Scholarships in Canada
More Related Scholarships You May Like