Does Europe entice you and the education system over there allure you? If so, you may now be benefited from the European education. Scholarships in the form of financial support are being offered in Romania for international students wishing to pursue their higher level of studies there. Financial support is available at The University of Bucharest. If you like to study there, you may now learn the details about the available University of Bucharest Scholarships and Financial Aid scheme. Let’s now find out the details.
Relevant Details Regarding the University of Bucharest Scholarships and Financial Aid
If you are passionate about studying in Europe and want to study in Romania, this is going to be a fabulous scholarship facility for you to grab for your future and career goals. As far as The University of Bucharest is concerned, it is one of the oldest universities in Romania. It is widely known in the world after its abbreviation UB. A public university, it was founded on 4th July 1864.
The university offers financial aid to international students so that they can focus on their educational goals and study without massive financial burdens. Study programs available for financial assistance include BA, MA, and PhD degrees. The University of Bucharest international students may avail the financial assistance after meeting the eligibility requirements. Student aid (financial support) is offered to the citizens of EU third countries and developing countries.
Similar Scholarship: Aalto University Scholarships in Finland for Doctoral Programs
Brief Details for the University of Bucharest Scholarships and Financial Aid
You may check out the details about this colossal opportunity offered to international students by the University of Bucharest in Romania.
Country Name: Romania
University Name: The University of Bucharest
Study Programs: BA, MA, and PhD Degrees
Offered Financial Benefits: Yes
Deadline: Not Specified
Categories of Financial Support
The university grants the following categories to provide financial aid to international students:
- Financial aid (financial assistance) to be provided for academic performance to students who are enrolled in Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees for a maximum of 10% of the total number of international students who pay in foreign currency enrolled at the University of Bucharest for their Bachelor’s or Master’s programs in the academic year preceding the scholarships.
- Financial support (or financial assistance) for academic performance to students who are enrolled in Ph.D. programs for a maximum of 15% of the total number of international foreign students who pay in foreign currency and enrolled at the University of Bucharest for their Ph.D. degrees in the academic year preceding the awarding of scholarships.
- Financial support or financial aid for the nationals of developing countries for up to 10 international students who pay in foreign currency.
Note: It should be noted that the financial support provided by the University of Bucharest is granted to the citizens of EU third countries, payers of study fees in foreign currency, who have graduated at least one year of Master’s, Bachelor’s or Ph.D. programs at the University of Bucharest.
Following next is the eligibility standards which you will be required to meet in order to be eligible for this opportunity. You need to meet them.
Eligibility and Financial Support
- The University of Bucharest scholarships and financial aid are available to EU third countries and developing countries.
- The university’s financial aid facility for academic performance is conferred to international students who are enrolled in Bachelor and Master studies, depending on the academic results of the last (previous) year of study at the University of Bucharest.
- The criteria for selection is the hierarchical students’ position in the ranking relevant to their specialization, transformed into a percentage of 100% of the total number of students enrolled in that major.
- The university offers financial support which is a 50% reduction in student’s tuition fees in the following academic year.
- Financial assistance for academic performance will be provided to international students who are enrolled in doctoral (Ph.D.) studies, depending on the number of their scientific articles published in journals indexed by Web of Science (for the exact sciences and life, environment, and earth sciences), Elsevier/Scopus, Ebsco, (for humanities), Web of Science or SCOPUS, (for social sciences) and ISI/Thomson Reuters, with the indication of the affiliation of the candidate of the Ph.D. program at the University of Bucharest.
- The granted financial assistance is the equivalent of the performance scholarship/month at the approved value (approved by) the University’s Senate for the next academic year for students.
- The financial aid offered to nationals from developing countries will be provided to international students who possess citizenship of one of the developing countries and who also possess the average of studies of the last (previous) year attended at the University of Bucharest of a minimum of 7.
- International students with dual citizenship, of which one is from a non-EU state and one Romanian/from a member state of the European Union, will not be granted this financial support.
- You cannot take benefits from two types of financial aid/scholarships from the University of Bucharest or the Romanian state intergovernmental scholarships.
Application Procedure for the University of Bucharest Scholarships and Financial Aid
There is a procedure to be followed if you want to submit your application for this financial facility. All types of financial support are offered/provided at students’ request under their own signatures. If interested, you should visit the official call to learn all details.
The application submission for the University of Bucharest scholarships and financial aid facility starts in July of the academic year preceding the one for which the application is submitted at the Office for International Cooperation and Foreign Students (BCISS).
It should be noted that financial support is offered to students during the academic year for the duration of 9 months (maximum) – the period will be from October to June for the academic year for which it was requested.
If you have developed an interest to apply for the University of Bucharest scholarships and financial aid program, you need to have the required documents along to apply for the support. Let’s check the documents.
- Scholarship application request (appendix 2)
- Statement mentioning that the applicant will not get any type of benefit from any financial aid or scholarship (appendix 3)
- Identity document showing citizenship of an EU third country or a developing country
- Transcripts for the years of completed study within the University of Bucharest
- Recommendation letter from a professor
Related Scholarship: Internship Program Available at The University of Adelaide in Australia
There is no doubt in mentioning the fact that social platforms always update the viewers. By following us, you will be able to get details whatever new is done by us.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like