Get ready to be a part of USAID’s Youth Digital leadership Council. As far as The International Youth Digital Leadership Council or ‘Digital Youth Council’ is concerned, it is a 12-member council of young leaders who are between the age group of 16 and 24 and working on the issues relevant to digital platforms and safety, and who happen to be interested in lessening the digital harm for kids and youth. The digital leadership program is all set to take place now. If you have so far developed interest for this opportunity, then you need to begin with your applications for USAID International Youth Digital Leadership Council (IYDLC). Applications are open and invited.
Similar Opportunity: Fully Funded Scholarships Available at University of Oxford
Details about USAID International Youth Digital Leadership Council (IYDLC)
Call for applications for 2022 International Youth Digital Leadership Council is now open, and the applications are now being submitted. If interested, it is your turn to start processing your application to avail this brilliant opportunity. It is without any doubt one of the best leadership porgrammes for youth.
The Digital Youth Council will incorporate the voices of the youth positively and strengthen the capacity of the young participants to both (1) allow The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to get reactions plus creative ideas towards successfully fulfilling the purpose of its digital strategy, and (2) strengthen the next generation of advocates and digital changemakers.
USAID is now on way to recruit for a second digital youth council to start in 2023. The second council consist of one graduate from the first digital youth council who will then serve as a guide and enact as a mentor for the new members in 2023. It is expected that the council members will begin in February 2023 and serve for 11 months.
Another Scholarship: Full Scholarships Offered By DAAD for PhD Program in Germany
About The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
It is an independent agency of the United States federal government which is primarily responsible for the development assistance and administering civilian foreign aid.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Volunteering Available in Lithuania
- Fully Funded CrossCulture Programme Fellowships
- University of Warwick Full Scholarships in UK
Council Member Roles and Responsibilities
The members will inform, advise and make contributions to USAID’s efforts to increase (advance) greater protection from digital harm and in alignment with the digital strategy of the agency. Additionally, the members of the council will also meet on a monthly basis, and brig their professional and personal experiences working on digital platforms and safety to then advise on important topics within the digital ecosystem.
As far as the yey roles and responsibilities of the members of council, they include:
- Participating in 11 monthly virtual meetings conducted on important topics of discussion for USAID and the young leaders.
- Responding to the emails and communication from USAID in a timely manner requesting input.
- Forming part of an in-progress (ongoing) community of practice on youth leadership on YouthLead.org.
- Selecting and then pursuing a sub-theme project over the course of their duration (tenure): there will be an encouragement for the members to either champion their own topic or break into smaller groups so that they can address particular/specific issues or areas of interest.
- Presenting their project by the end-of-the year session.
- Developing a tailored social media awareness by raising a campaign for their particular geographic region.
- Serving their 11-month term based on their active participation as mentioned in their member agreement.
Relevant Scholarship: Fully Funded HDR Scholarships at Deakin University Australia
Member Qualifications of The Digital Youth Council
Council members are expected to meet the below-mentioned requirements:
- As of 1st January 2023, the applicants should be aged 16 to 24 years.
- They have engaged or promoted in digital literacy, prevention of digital harm, or related/similar issues at a national, local or international level.
- They possess good knowledge of digital harm and how the youths are on way to access digital platforms and the internet in their respective regions.
- They possess a strong peer network and social media presence and have the ability to reach large numbers of young followers in their respective regions.
- They have a proven ability to inspire and possess a reputation for innovative and inclusive leadership.
- They are laced with a working ability in English (in both written and spoken).
- They should be from a middle-income or low-income country and/or they are well acquainted with middle-income or low-income country contexts and issues of digital harms.
- They need to be able to engage in digital youth meetings done regularly using platforms like Zoom, Google Hangout or Microsoft Teams.
Related Scholarship: Saitama University Scholarships in Japan
Financial Benefits (Compensation)
- To defray internet expenses for council meetings, members of digital youth council will be awarded with a one-time $300 stipend to be provided upon the beginning of their membership.
- A $700 honorarium will also be paid to council members upon the successful completion of their membership. To receive this honorarium, the members have to document their time. Guidance and reporting format will be provided by YP2LE.
Deadline to Submit the Applications
The last submission date for applications in 16th December 2022.
How to Apply for USAID International Youth Digital Leadership Council (IYDLC)
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
Also Check: Bachelors and Masters Scholarships in Belgium
More Related Scholarships You May Like