British Council, as part of its strategy, has ventured into a novel program called ‘New Narratives’, which will provide support to more diverse, alternative narratives between the young people in the UK and Africa. The program will work on the areas of education and social inclusion, cultural and creative industries. The program will consist of both online and offline activities which endow the young people with novel ways across England and the countries of Africa to engage with each other. Applications are now invited for the British Council New Narratives – Co-Creation Grant.
Similar Scholarship: United Nations Hamilton Shirley Amerasinghe Memorial Fellowship Program
Details about The British Council New Narratives – Co-Creation Grant
This program is targeted to youth aged 18 to 35 years. The New Narratives Co-Creation Grant is for the support Africa and UK cultural partnerships to develop digital, hybrid artistic and face-to-face projects which examine new narratives. For this, three co-creation grants to three different hubs/collectives are offered. This is going to be among the best British Council grants 2022 year.
British Council invites multidisciplinary hubs and/or collectives working in the areas of science, technology or arts and culture to co-create works and/or deliver projects which talk about new narratives through discovering thematic areas in various disciplines.
British Council projects are always interesting. And for this project, themes may range from higher education, climate, arts, heritage/culture, digital innovation, media and more. British Council funding will support the production of building connections, new works and collaboration across various countries. Although this grant has not been designed for research, nonetheless an element of research might be included in this project.
Relevant Scholarship: Commonwealth Youth Awards with Higher Financial Prizes
Concise Description about New Narratives Co-Creation Grant
Let’s now find out the details about this opportunity in a concise manner as under:
Funding Organization: British Council
Program: New Narratives Co-Creation Grant
Financial Benefits: Funded
Deadline for Applications Submission: 30th August 2022
- Storytelling – Making use of different types of mediums and platforms, creation support, sharing and promotion of more nuanced stories which interrupt (disrupt) stereotypical narratives about the UK and African countries.
- Creative Output – Providing support to youngsters so that they can produce novel works which offer more diverse, contemporary and plural narratives.
- Young Engagement – Providing support to and engage with more youngsters to shape present narratives and facilitating strong connections between youngsters of the UK and Africa countries.
All applicants will be laced with the access to the New Narratives research (which is commissioned by M&C Saatchi World Services) as a reference point.
Related Scholarship: University of Leeds International Excellence Scholarships
You need to be eligible if you want to be considered. Multidisciplinary hubs and/or collectives applying need to work directly with youngsters between the age group of 18 to 35 years. The core team may consist of practitioners/ creatives/experts from various African countries and England.
- The administrative lead of the application has to be done from one of the primary 1 countries (listed below), with the remaining members of the group being from any of the secondary 2 countries listed as under.
- The capability and skills of the group have to be spread across the UK and Africa.
- There has to be clear articulation of responsibilities and roles of each member of the group.
- As for the successful groups, they should have intellectual property and other applicable rights on and in place by the time the contract is signed.
Primary Countries: England, Ghana, Ethiopia, Northern Ireland, Kenya, Scotland, Nigeria, south Africa, Senegal, Wales, Sudan, Zimbabwe.
Secondary Countries: Botswana, Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Malawi, Morocco, Mauritius, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Tunisia, Zambia.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- MasterCard Foundation Program (Fully Funded)
- NNF Young Investigator Award in Denmark
- University of Manitoba Scholarships in Canada
British Council offers three co-creation grants worth up to GBP 20,000 to three different hubs/collectives.
Another Opportunity: University of Groningen Fully Funded Scholarships in The Netherlands
Deadline for Applications
The last submission date for applications for this opportunity is 30th August 2022.
Application Procedure for British Council New Narratives – Co-Creation Grant
Those who are interested in applying, and if they are eligible for the opportunity, visit the official website and follow the instructions to submit the applications.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like