Are you searching for PhD positions abroad? Is your focus on the fields of information science and media studies? If so, you are now all set to witness a brilliant PhD position available in Norway. The position is available at the best and higher-ranked university in Norway – The University of Bergen located in Bergen (Norway). It is among the top public universities in Bergen. It is also among the top and best universities in Norway. If you are interested in applying for the PhD Position at the University of Bergen, you should learn all details and then submit your application according to the instructions.
Details Regarding the PhD Position at the University of Bergen
The Department of Information Science and Media Studies at the University of Bergen offers a vacant Ph.D. position. This position is for a fixed-term period of 4 years, of which 25% will be dedicated to supervision, teaching, and administrative tasks to be done at the department.
Similar Scholarship: Study in Romania at the University of Bucharest (Scholarships & Financial Aid)
Description of Available PhD Position and Involved Tasks
This PhD position at the University of Bergen offered by the Department of Information and Media Studies will conduct research in Human-Computer Interaction relevant to one of the following areas:
- Personalization of input devices for ergonomics and accessibility
- Performance and ergonomics methods for post-desktop user interfaces (UIs)
- Computational interaction (machine learning and optimization of UI design)
- Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR)
For this position, the preference will be given to the projects around physical ergonomics and accessibility personalization for new input devices for the desktop environment like controllers, ergonomic personalized keyboards, or adaptive furniture, or for novel user interfaces beyond the desktop, like augmented reality, virtual reality, or extended reality.
Typical tasks during the period of PhD program can include:
- Planning and then conducting user studies to collect quantitative or qualitative data
- Developing prototypes for hardware or software relevant to HCI
- Modeling and simulation of user interfaces for individual users
- Using various/different analysis methods like statistical or visual data analysis
- Applying biomechanical or machine learning models to design tasks
- Authoring scientific articles and presenting them at various conferences
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Doctoral Programs with Financial Benefits in Finland at Aalto university
- FREE IELTS Preparation Courses by British Council UK
Personal Qualities and Qualifications of the Applicants
- Interested applicants have to possess a master’s degree or its equivalent in the fields of computer science, information science, electrical engineering, human-computer interaction, applied mathematics, interaction design, or similar.
- It is to be noted that the degree has to be completed by the commencement of employment.
- The requirements are normally a grade of B or better on the master’s degree in total or the master’s thesis.
- Applicants have to demonstrate good collaborative skills and must be able to work independently and in a structured style (manner).
- English proficiency is required. Therefore, the applicants should be proficient in both written and oral English.
- The personal and relational qualities of the applicants will be emphasized. When making evaluations, the potential and ambitions of the applicants will also be counted.
Financial Benefits (What is Offered) for the PhD Position at the University of Bergen
- Successful applicants will receive a salary of NOK 532 200,- (code 1017, pay grade 54) in the state salary scale. Further promotions will be made as per the length of service in the position.
- A good and professional working environment will be provided.
- Good welfare benefits will be offered.
- You will get enrolment in the Norwegian public service fund.
Required Documents for the PhD Position at the University of Bergen
Your application needs to be included with:
- Contact information and names of two reference persons. One of them has to be the main advisor for the master’s thesis or its equivalent thesis.
- A cover letter that should include a brief introduction of your research interests and your motivation for this position (why do you like to apply for this position?)
- Project proposal
- Transcripts and diplomas
- Relevant references/certificates
- A list of your academic publications
- Your academic publications which you like to submit for assessment (including your thesis for a master’s program or equivalent)
- For those applicants whose master’s degree is from an institution located outside of the Nordic countries, or a two years discipline-based master’s degree (or equivalent) in a subject area other than the one that is associated with the application, you could later be asked in the application procedure to submit an overview of the syllabus for the degree you have done/completed.
Closing Date of Applications
The last date for application submission is 13th August 2023. If you like to apply for this opportunity, you are advised to apply before time.
How to Apply for the PhD Position at the University of Bergen
Interested applicants should learn all details and very carefully check out the application procedure available on the official call of the PhD Position at the University of Bergen before submitting the application. Once you are aware of the details, you may then submit your application.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like