If you are seeking the world best opportunity for you, then Access City Award appears to be the best and most wonderful opportunity for you to avail. Awards are obviously the distinctions in one’s life, and they add values to people’s career apart from numerous other benefits, they have. As for The Access City Award, it is an award that recognizes cities which have worked to become more accessible for their nationals/citizens. An EU initiative, it recognizes efforts by cities to turn out to be more accessible. It also promotes equal access to urban life for people with disabilities. The Access City Award 2023 Competition is now out to grab.
Similar Scholarship: Ashinaga Fully Funded Scholarships to Study Abroad
Details about Access City Award 2023 Competition
Across whole Europe, the cities have started breaking down barriers for the people with disabilities. If you are from a city that is one of them, then you are eligible to apply for Access City Award 2023 edition.
The program has been launched by the European Commission. This award recognizes and celebrates a city’s efforts to be more accessible, willingness and efforts to:
- Enhance the quality of life of its population and make it sure that everyone (regardless of age, ability or mobility) possesses equal access to all the resources and pleasures cities offer to the people.
- Provide guarantee equal access to fundamental rights.
Relevant Scholarship: Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships to Study in UK & South Africa
About European Commission
It is the executive of the EU (European Union). European Commission operates as a cabinet government with 27 members of the commission which are directed/headed by a President. EC (European Commission) consists of an administrative body of around 32,000 European civil servants.
Eligibility Criteria for The Access City Award 2023 Competition
This award facility is available and open to:
- All European cities of more than 50 000 inhabitants.
- Urban areas carrying (composed of) two or more towns laced with a combined population of more than 50 000 inhabitants, provided that they are in European countries with fewer than two cities with more than 50 000 inhabitants.
Related Opportunity: Commonwealth Youth Awards 2023, Applications Invited
The Importance of the Competition (The Access Award 2023)
It is an interesting opportunity to participate in this award to get European recognition, and a novel chance to review the present situation in your city.
The competition also lets you to share your experiences with other cities of Europe, helping you utterly to become an even better city to visit/travel and live in.
Access City Award winners (winning cities) will receive a financial prize:
- First Prize: €150 000
- Second Prize: €120 000
- Third Prize: €80 000
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Full Scholarships Offered by Manchester University
- Volunteering Positions in Europe
- DUS Toscana Scholarships in Italy
The jury of the competition will focus on measures taken and planned in below-mentioned areas:
- Transport and relevant infrastructure
- Built environment and public spaces
- Public services and facilities
- Information and communication including latest/new technologies (ICTs)
Another Opportunity: United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship (Fully Funded) Program
Award Ceremony of The Access City Award 2023
On 24th and 25th November, the winner of the award will be declared at the conference.
The last date for application submission is 8th September 2022.
How to Apply for Access City Award 2023 Competition
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like