Supported by DAAD (The German Academic Exchange Service), The Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP) at the Abbe School of Photonics invites applications for a PhD program from talented and ambitious students to get on board on a transformative journey in the area of Photonics. GSSP PhD Scholarships 2024 happens to be an outstanding opportunity for aspiring scholars to start their PhD degree in Germany set to commence in the summer or autumn of 2024.
Details About GSSP PhD Scholarships 2024
This program is for international students (non-German nationals) who possess or are about to obtain a Master’s degree in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or any relevant field with sufficient exposure to Photonics.
It is worth noting that the applicants’ Master’s degree must not be older than 6 years, and the applicants must not have lived in Germany for more than 15 months before their nomination takes place.
Similar Scholarship: PhD Positions Offered By International Max Planck Research School in Germany
Under the 2024 Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP), two PhD scholarships are offered on behalf of DAAD. If you think you appear to be eligible and you have also developed an interest in the same, you may learn complete details and submit your application for the opportunity. The GSSP Call for these PhD scholarships to commence in the summer/autumn of 2024 has been announced.
The Abbe School of Photonics offers these scholarships supported by the DAAD, Germany.
Topics for PhD Program
- Raman-spectroscopic characterization of immune cell activation
- Optical computing with cavity solitons
- Ultrafast molecular dynamics
- Extreme Ultraviolet Metaoptics for Nanoscale Imaging and Attosecond Physics
- Plasmonic Virus-Receptor Binding Assays
- Real-time super-resolution microscopy enabled by neuromorphic vision sensors
- Quantum nonlinear optics in hybrid systems with absorption
Eligibility Criteria for GSSP PhD Scholarships 2024
If you want to apply for the opportunity, you must meet the following criteria.
- The applicants must hold or are about to obtain a Master’s degree in the field of Engineering, Physics, chemistry, or any related field with sufficient exposure to Photonics. Their master’s degree should not be older than 6 years.
- GSSP PhD candidates must be overseas (non-German) applicants and have not lived in Germany for more than 15 months before their nomination.
Note: For those candidates, who are unable to meet one or several of these eligibility criteria, it is recommended to apply nonetheless since there are regular offers for a large pool of PhD topics with different options to engage the candidates.
Financial Benefits for These PhD Scholarships
Each scholarship offered to successful candidates includes:
- An annual allowance for travel
- An installment of presently 300 EUR per month.
- They will receive payments towards accident, health, and personal liability insurance cover.
- Applicants will also get the opportunity to undergo a preliminary German language course at the beginning of the scholarship.
- Thirty-six months duration, a possible extension for another twelve months.
Deadline for Scholarship Applications
The last date for the submission of applications is 7th January 2024.
Procedure of Application
- Abbe School of Photonics Application Deadline – 7th January 2024
- Pre-Selection Announcement of the Abbe School of Photonics – 03/2024
- Official Candidate Nomination by the DAAD – 04/2024
- Approximate Beginning of DAAD German Language Course in Germany – 08/2024
- Approximate Beginning of the PhD Research Work at the Abbe School of Photonics in Jena, Germany
Note: You should include a clear statement of your preference(s) for up to 4 of these PhD projects and/or your preferred supervisors.
How to Apply for GSSP PhD Scholarships 2024
Interested candidates should apply through the Online Application System of the Abbe School of Photonics External Link. You will be requested to upload the following documents:
- Transcripts of Records
- Passport Copy
- Proof of English Language
- Letter of Motivation
- Two Letters of References
Note: You are advised to check all details under the ‘How to Submit Your Applications’ headline on the official webpage before applying.
You should visit the official webpage for more clarifications and details.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like