Want to study in Canada? If your intention and dream are the same i.e., studying in Canada, then you are about to let your dream see come true now. The Government of Québec offers scholarship opportunities to international students so that they can pursue their educational goals in Québec. Let’s now start processing the applications for the Québec Merit Scholarships for Vocational Training targeted to foreign students. The merit scholarships are offered to the students wishing to continue vocational training in Québec.
Relevant Opportunity: VCDNP Internship Program (Paid Internship) in Austria
Details about Québec Merit Scholarships for Vocational Training
The merit scholarships for vocational training are funded by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education Québec and the Ministère de l’Éducation du Québec (MEQ). For foreign students interested in studying in Québec for vocational training program, there are two opportunities to avail, namely:
- Merit Scholarship Program
- Tuition Fee Exemption Program
These two opportunities are managed by Éducation internationale through its Québec métiers d’avenir service and financed by the Ministère de l’Éducation du Québec (MEQ).
Similar Scholarship: Canadian Government Scholarships for International Students
Concise Description about Québec Merit Scholarships for Foreign Students
Let’s now find out the details about these merit scholarships offered to international students.
Host Country: Canada
Program: Vocational Training
Financial Benefits: Funded
Deadline: 5th August 2022
Objectives of the Scholarship Scheme
- Supporting the internationalization of vocational training centers.
- Providing the opportunity to outstanding foreign students to come and join vocational training in Québec.
- Increasing a steady offer and wider coverage of vocational training.
Related Scholarship: MPOWER Offers Scholarships to Study in USA and Canada
About the Program
Financed by the Ministère de l’Éducation du Québec (MEQ) and managed by Éducation internationale through its Québec métiers d’avenir service, it is actually a two programs opportunity. One single process is for two programs.
Eligibility Criteria for Québec Merit Scholarships for Vocational Training
To be considered for the Quebec scholarships for international students, you need to show your eligibility. The applicants should:
- Be foreign students. They should not be the nationals of Canada or France. The committee will give priority to those applicants who are from the member countries of the Francophonie (excluding France and its overseas departments and territories – DOM-TOM). The priority will also be given to the applicants from the countries of the leading markets of Asia (such as India, China, Japan, etc.) and the Americas (such as Brazil and Mexico).
- Not possess a Canadian permanent resident status or Canadian citizenship or they should also not be under the procedure of getting the permanent residence status of Canada under the laws of Canadian immigration.
- Be outside of Canadian jurisdictions (outside of Canada) by the time the applications are submitted and till the results are announced.
- Be minimum of 18 years of age. For application submission, there is no maximum age restriction.
- Not have been the recipients of the scholarships for their studies of the same level as or higher than the DEP in the province of Quebec. It is also not allowed to be awarded with various scholarships within the same academic year.
- Possess the financial ability as required.
- For this award of merit scholarship, the annual budget allocated is award is $ 700 000 (making around 30 awards per year).
- The scholarship value ranges from $14 000 to $ 26 600 (depending upon the duration of the vocational training program) for the coverage of student’s living expenditures during their studies.
- As for both of merit scholarships and tuition exemption awards conferred to successful students, they are based on the outstanding performance of the students and their results during the studies in Québec.
What’s Included in Merit Scholarship Award?
- The successful students will receive an exemption from their supplementary tuition fees which is payable by foreign (international) students.
- They will also receive the health insurance coverage which is provided to them by Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
What’s Included in Tuition Exemption Award?
- The successful students will be waived off their supplementary tuition fees that is payable by international students.
What’s Not Included in Merit Scholarship Award?
- The costs of immigration process are not included.
- Costs of transport to and from Canada are not included.
- The expenses for private health insurance needed prior to the start of RAMQ coverage training relevant expenditures (such as uniforms, training materials, etc.) are not included.
What’s Not Included in Tuition Fee Exemption Award?
- Bursary is not included.
- Students’ health insurance coverage is not included.
- Transport costs to and from Canada are not included.
- Immigration procedure costs of the students are not included.
- Expenditures related to training like uniforms, training materials, etc. are not included.
Financial Capacity Required for Merit Scholarship Award
- The applicants are required to provide proof of having a minimum balance of CAD 3000.
Financial Capacity Required for Tuition Exemption Award
- The applicants seeking Quebec tuition fee exemption award are required to provide proof that they have a minimum of CAD 15000.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Montreal University Scholarships for Bachelors, Masters and PhD Programs
- Columbia College Scholarships in USA
- Climate Scholarships in Glasgow
Deadline for Applications
The last date for application submissions is 5th August 2022. Registration for these opportunities is free.
How to Register?
Read Guidelines carefully and completely. Guidelines are available here. Then, do the following:
- First check if you are eligible to participate.
- Choose the training program and then the training center from the proposed list (remember, you have only one choice).
- Now, you need to select the award program which you are applying for (such as only Merit Scholarship or Merit Scholarship and Exemption of Tuition Fees)
- You need to then open your online account (remember, this section will be available only to you after the selection procedure is open officially).
How to Apply for Québec Merit Scholarships for Vocational Training
The application process for these opportunities is simple and online. Prepare your applications by filling up the information required and then submit them with the below-mentioned documents:
- Main page copy of your passport
- Birth certificate copy
- Two letters of reference issued by two different people (download the A Annex)
- Copies of all diplomas you have obtained so far.
- Copies of all transcripts of all programs mentioned in the section of academic documents.
- Copies required for all awards, prizes and distinctions received so far.
- Proof of academic English proficiency is required such as results of IELTS, TOEFL, etc. or a proof of a registration for such except the applicants have obtained their higher education program in English medium of not less than two years duration.
- They are also required to provide the proofs of their financial ability for their selected program.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like