Have passion to study in USA? Are you inclined and excited towards studying at the universities in America? If so, you should now get ready to let your dream take place. There are always opportunities out there for students, and you could become the one to be awarded with. Just be prepared and make a gripping application whenever you like to apply for any of the opportunities available in the United States. Studying in America is no more a dream for you, as there is a brilliant scholarship available for you. Start processing your applications now for the Undergraduate Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships offered by The University of New Mexico.
Similar Scholarship: Full Scholarships at Mohamed Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence in UAE
Details about Undergraduate Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships
A call for applications for The Latin American & Iberian Institute (LAII) for Spring 2023 US Department of Education academic year FLAS Fellowships at the undergraduate level has been announced. FLAS Fellowships endow undergraduate and graduate students with tuition support and stipend for their education to study foreign languages in combination with area studies or international aspects of professional studies.
Concise Details about UNM Scholarship
Below are the details about this opportunity for the ease and understanding of all applicants.
Host Country: United States of America
Host University: The University of New Mexico
Study Program: Undergraduate Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships
Financial Benefits Available: Funded
Applications Deadline: 3rd October 2022
Relevant Scholarship: Research Scholarships in Canada Worth Up to CAD$ 100,000
About The University of New Mexico
It is a public research university located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. UNM was established way back in 1889. It offers various programs such as Bachelors, Masters, Doctoral and Professional Degree Programs. As for the Albuquerque campus, it is built on around 600 acres. The university also has branch campuses in Los Alamos, Gallup, Taos, Rio Rancho and Los Lunas.
As for the University of New Mexico ranking QS World University, it is ranked at 701-750.
Related Scholarship: Russian Government (Open Doors Olympiad) Scholarships to Study in Russia
There is no doubt that UNM is among the best universities in USA. For those, who like to be chosen for this higher education opportunity, should meet the following conditions.
- Only the US citizens, permanent residents and US nationals are eligible to apply.
- The students of full-time University of New Mexico undergraduate in any field (discipline) might also apply.
- The university highly encourages the students to submit applications who are in the professional schools and STEM disciplines and those who are planning a career in the US government service.
- The recipients of FLAS Fellowship are required/advised to complete at least 1 Latin American area studies (non-language) course and 1 Portuguese, Nahuatl, Quechua, or Yucatec Maya at the University of New Mexico while they hold the fellowship.
- The recipients of undergraduate programs have to be prepared to study one of the approved languages at the levels of intermediate or advanced.
- Students, no matter with or without the financial need, are encouraged to submit applications. However, the university will give preference to those who can show financial need (among equally qualified students). Applicants are required to apply for their FAFSA to UNM’s Office of Financial Aid at the earliest possible date and they are also required to fill out a Financial Need Analysis Request Form to get their financial need information shared with LAII.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship (Fully Funded)
- Financial Aid Available at Concordia University Wisconsin in USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships in The Netherlands for International Students
UNM is undoubtedly the best American University. And if you are successful in gaining the opportunity, you will be provided with financial benefits associated with this scholarship. Following is the coverage to be conferred to the successful students:
- FLAS Fellowships will provide tuition support plus stipend to both undergraduate and graduate students so that they can study foreign languages in combination with area studies or international aspects of professional studies.
- Under The Spring 2023 Undergraduate competition, the successful applicants will receive $2500 in stipend and up to $5000 in tuition and fees to those students proposing to study Quechua, Portuguese, Nahuatl, or Yucatec Maya.
Deadline for Submission of Applications
The last date for applications submission is 3rd October 2022.
Another Scholarship: SIIT Fully Funded Scholarships in Thailand
How to Apply for Undergraduate Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships
The application process and submission are online. The interested applicants should visit the official call and follow the instructions to submit their applications.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
Also Check: 5 Cheapest Countries to Study Abroad
More Related Scholarships You May Like