There is no denying in mentioning the importance and mammoth worth of Chevening Scholarships. Each year, the students from the world await massively for this opportunity to submit their applications for. For those, who were waiting for this gigantic opportunity, should now begin processing their applications for British Chevening Scholarships announced for the students who are from the eligible countries. If interested in submitting the applications, you should then begin with the process of the British Chevening Scholarships 2023 for the academic year of 2023-2024.
Similar Scholarship: Birkbeck 200th Anniversary Bursary at University of London
Details about British Chevening Scholarships 2023
The much-awaited application period of the scholarships is now available and open for submissions. This is a fully-funded scholarships scheme for those who want to undertake any Master’s course at any of the United Kingdom university.
These scholarships provide an opportunity to the exceptional emerging leaders from the world to pursue one-year Master’s program in the United Kingdom. The ideal candidates are those who are passionate, have ideas and influence to provide the solutions and leadership required to generate a better future.
Since these (British Government Scholarships) provide full coverage (fully-funded) such as accommodation costs, flights costs and course fees, the successful students are free to make focus on achieving their professional goals and maximizing their experience of a lifetime. The successful students will live and study in the UK for a year.
Relevant Scholarship: Funded Residential Fellowships in USA
Concise Description about British Chevening Scholarships 2023
Let’s now check out the details in a concise manner below:
Host Country: United Kingdom
Host Universities: Universities in the United Kingdom (details of which can be checked at official website)
Program: Master’s Level
Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
Deadline for Applications: 1st November 2022
Related Scholarship: Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in South Africa
Chevening endows the students with fully funded scholarships and fellowships who are laced with the ideas to generate positive change. It is a program of UK Government for international scholarships and fellowships. Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDP) and partner organizations fund this program.
Fields of Study
This is the best opportunity to study in UK. Those who would like to study with a scholarship opportunity, this is surely be among the best ever UK scholarships. You may study at Master’s level at any university of the United Kingdom. You may choose your area or field or program of study using the filter available at the official website. The eligible Master’s programs are available under the course finder tool.
The application for Chevening scholarship has to be enlisted with three courses, and they have to be the courses which are eligible for this opportunity.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- GREAT Scholarships in UK for International Students
- Academic Positions at University of Sussex
- University of Glasgow Offers Scholarships in Scotland
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarship 2023
Let’s now check out the Chevening scholarship requirements. Read the requirements very carefully before planning to apply for this scholarship.
- The applicant has to be from a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- The applicant has to return to his or her citizenship for a minimum of two years after the award has ended.
- The applicant has completed all components of an undergraduate degree which will enable the applicant to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a United Kingdom university by the time the applicant submits the application. This is equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in England but could be different depending upon applicant’s course and choice of university.
- The applicant should have minimum two years (equivalent to 2800 hours) of work experience.
- They (applicants) should submit the applications to three different eligible United Kingdom university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these three universities of their choice by 13th July 2023.
Note: If any applicant has a Master’s degree, it does not prevent him or her from applying for the Chevening Award to undergo for study for a second Master’s program in England as long as they can clearly explain why this degree will help him or her fulfill his or her career plan to influence positive change in his or her country. To learn more about the eligibility, you may visit the official website.
Required Work Experience
It is the requirement to have at least two years of work experience before they submit their applications for the scholarship. Without required work experience, the applicants are unable to submit their applications. Following is the types of work experience, which are eligible.
- Full-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Part-time employment
- Paid or un-paid internships
To learn more about work experience, you may visit the official website.
Financial Benefits for British Chevening Scholarships
The successful candidates will receive following financial benefits:
- Tuition fees coverage
- Economy class travel (from applicant’s country to the United Kingdom) for student only
- Arrival allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application (for student only)
- Allowance for departure
- Where required, the contribution of up to £75 for TB testing will be provided.
- Allowance of travel top-up
- Stipend (allowance) per month to cover applicant’s accommodation and living expenditures. This allowance will depend on whether the applicant is studying inside or outside London. These allowance rates are subject to annual review.
Visit it: Building Tomorrow Scholarships
Deadline for Applications
As for the Chevening scholarship 2023 deadline, it is 1st November 2022.
How to Apply for British Chevening Scholarships 2023
The application submissions are based on applicant’s country of citizenship. Visit the official page, and check the application procedure and submission under your country. You need to select ‘scholarships’ instead of ‘fellowships’ to learn about the complete details. If you like to check all details about this scholarship on the official website, you may visit here.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like