There is absolutely no denying in saying that the financial aid no matter if it is in the form of bursaries, grants or scholarships helps out the students by reducing their financial burdens for studies. Considering the fact, Mastercard Foundation offers scholarships to the students who are in need of financial support for their higher education. The foundation provides full scholarship to those students who have applied for and been admitted to postgraduate programs. If you are interested in applying for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, you should check your eligibility and submit the application for.
Similar Scholarship: NNF Young Investigator Award – Up to DKK 25 Million in Denmark
Details about MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
MasterCard Foundation Scholarships will be offered as full scholarship to the students who have submitted their applications for and been admitted to one of the below-mentioned postgraduate study programs at the University of Pretoria:
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
Note: Applications for honors and Master’s degree applications will be entertained/accepted in the fields of engineering (continuing students only). There are no scholarships available for PhD and undergraduate programs.
Related Scholarship: CDU Global Merit Scholarships in Australia
Concise Description about MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2023
The following detail is presented in a concise manner for the ease of all applicants.
Host Country: South Africa
University/Institution: University of Pretoria
Program: Master’s Level (Postgraduate Studies)
Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
Deadline for Applications: 31st October 2022
Relevant Scholarship: Building Tomorrow Scholarships for Students
About the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
In a joint partnership between The University of Pretoria and MasterCard Foundation (MCF), the scholarships are offered to high achieving (exceptional) African students who are interested in studying at postgraduate level. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) are for those applicants who are talented yet economically not well young students in Africa. The most vital components of this program include community service and internships.
About the University of Pretoria, South Africa
The university is a multi-campus public research university which is located in Pretoria, South Africa. As for the University of Pretoria ranking, it ranks at 591 to 600 positions in QS World University Rankings latest list.
Eligibility Criteria for MasterCard Foundation Scholarship South Africa
- Only the applicants (nationals) from Africa are eligible to apply.
- They have to be from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and show their financial need.
- They need to show their leadership potential and should be involved in a giving back project such as at a school, in a community, church, etc.
- They have to be academically excellent and must maintain a higher academic average at all times.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- Erasmus+ Scholarships at University of Vienna
- VCDNP Internship (Paid) in Austria
- Academic Positions at University of Sussex
The successful applicants will receive:
- Coverage of full tuition fees
- Accommodation at University of Pretoria residence
- Monthly stipend
- Books and printed material
- Travel expenditures (one time return trip for the whole duration of the study program)
- Medical expenses
- One visa application cost for the whole duration of their study program
Related Scholarship: Griffith University Scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs
The MasterCard scholarship 2023 deadline for applications is 31st October 2022.
How to Apply for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants are required to produce a provisional admission letter, since the application for scholarship can only be submitted after the applicants have been admitted provisionally to a postgraduate (Master’s) study at the University of Pretoria. Visit the official website for complete details and application submission procedure.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like