For those on their way to find fellowship opportunities, there is a massive opportunity waiting for them to grab. A fellowship is always a better decision to do and it creates value for your career and adds value to your CV as well. This particular opportunity is for prospective leaders and postdocs. The fellowship program is on climate. If you are working academically or practically in climate protection or climate-related resource conservation in your country, then this fellowship opportunity appears to be the best for you. You may apply for the International Climate Protection Fellowship in Germany open for applications.
Details about the International Climate Protection Fellowship in Germany
The applicants, who show interest in applying for this career-making opportunity, need to be from a non-European developing or transition country. You may check out the eligible countries. If you belong to any of these eligible countries, you may submit your application required for the International Climate Protection Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
Similar Scholarship: English-Taught Masters Degree Programmes in Norway
If you happen to be a prospective leader, you will get a one-year research project in Germany as part of your fellowship program. On the other hand, if you are a postdoc, you will get long-term academic research (one to two years). The focus will be on adaptation strategies, combating climate change, preserving ecosystems and biodiversity, or the sustainable usage of the oceans and seas. Besides, sustainability topics that are related to resource-efficient consumption, natural resources, or urban development will also be considered.
There are up to 15 international climate protection fellowships for prospective leaders. Apart from them, there are up to 5 postdoctoral researchers each year. These fellowships will be funded by the International Climate Initiative.
Eligibility Criteria for the International Climate Protection Fellowship in Germany
You are eligible to apply for this fellowship program provided that you meet the eligibility criteria mentioned as follows:
- This fellowship is for prospective leaders and postdoctoral researchers.
- You can be eligible if you discover questions in engineering or natural sciences or address legal, health, economic-related, or societal aspects of climate change.
- You should be a citizen of a non-European developing or transition country and have been predominantly residing and working there.
- You must possess initial experience in a leadership role and corresponding leadership expertise.
- You need to possess handsome knowledge of English and/or German.
Additionally, the applicants should also meet the below-mentioned criteria as prospective leaders or postdoctoral researchers.
You have completed your first academic degree such as Bachelor’s or comparable degree during the last 12 years (the cut-off date will be the deadline for applications i.e., 1st February). You need to possess massive professional experience minimum of 48 months by the application deadline. If you meet this criterion, you may apply for International Climate Protection Fellowship.
You have completed your first academic degree like Bachelor’s or comparable degree during the last 12 years, the cut-off date will be the application deadline on 1st February. You have completed your doctorate degree no more than 4 years back by the deadline for applications (1st February). Or will you be able to complete it by 31st August of the respective selection year? Have you published in publishing houses and academic journals (which review according to international standards)? If you meet this eligibility criteria, you may then apply for the International Climate Protection Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers.
- You will be offered a monthly fellowship of €2,170, €2,470, or €2,670 in the program line for prospective leaders, depending on your career level and training, and a monthly fellowship of €2,670 in the program line for postdoctoral researchers.
- You will receive individual support while you stay in Germany.
- Additional financial assistance will also be offered for example for your accompanying family members, for full private health insurance, for travel expenditures, or for a German language course.
- You will get a 3-week introductory event where you will be able to connect with other fellows of climate protection, you will also visit research and business institutions, and attend cultural events taking place in Germany.
- There is an extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly for supporting long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the span of your entire professional career.
Note: There are monthly allowances for host institutes who will receive research costs of 800 Euros for projects in engineering and natural sciences or they will receive 500 Euros for projects in social sciences and humanities.
Relevant Scholarship: $90,000 Stipend Fellowship Opportunity in the USA
Deadline for Applications Submission
The closing date for the applications is 1st February 2024. It is advised as usual to apply as early as possible.
How to Apply for the International Climate Protection Fellowship in Germany
Interested and eligible applicants should first visit the official call and learn all details carefully, then they can submit the application (with the required documents) to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online. Follow the instructions available on the official call for application submission.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like