If you happen to be interested in making careers with the UN, or you like to join the organization as internee to get exposure and experience plus enhancing the expertise while being in an international atmosphere, then United Nations Careers is what you should seek to find the best opportunity for you. UN Careers offers various kinds of internships and job openings for the students and people across the world. Before you start making or processing your applications, you should check if the deadline for submission is still available? Among the opportunities available, Intern – Public Information opportunity is the one that may entice you.
Similar Scholarship: TKS – Full Ride Scholarships for International Students
Details about United Nations Careers (Intern – Public Information)
The internship is available in the above-mentioned field, and the successful candidates will be posted in New York (they will do internship in New York, USA).
This opportunity is being offered in the Social Media Section, Communications Campaigns Service, Strategic Communications Division of the Department of Global Communications. The responsibility of this section is for social media activities of the Department of Global Communications and the integration of social media platforms including tools of social networking like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr that happen to be the critical components of the department’s communications.
This internship is a full-time opportunity for those who will be taken onboard. The successful interns will work five days a week (35 hours). They will be assigned a supervisor from the staff in the department or office where the interns are assigned.
Relevant Scholarship: Nottingham Trent Scholarships in United Kingdom
Duration of Internship
The duration of internship is 3 months with an option to extend it for up to six months (it depends on division’s needs and candidate’s availability). Intern – Public Information is among the best United Nations Internships available there, but you may apply if you develop interest for it.
Concise Description about United Nations Careers (Intern – Public Information)
Let’s now find out the details in a concise manner for the ease of all the applicants from the world.
Host Country: United States of America
Host Organization: United Nations
Program: Internship (Intern – public information)
Department: Department of Global Communications
Duty Station: New York (USA)
Posting Period: 3rd March 2022 to 22nd August 2023
Related Scholarship: Highly Funded Scholarships to Study in Indonesia
About United Nations (UN)
UN (United Nations) is an intergovernmental organization which purpose is to develop friendly relations among nations, maintain international peace and security, and achieve international cooperation. The United Nations was founded on 24th October 1945 in San Francisco (California), United States. Its headquarters are in New York (USA).
Often it is thought that are UN internships worth it? Well, there is no doubt that they are absolutely worth to obtain and do, since they make your careers, enhance your skills and provide you wider exposure.
Responsibilities of the Interns
The United Nations job requirements (the responsibilities required from the interns) are mentioned as under. The Public Information Interns could be responsible for:
- Research, compile, make draft and make edits of the basic information for use in the preparation and production of the content of social media. They could be caught under tight deadlines as well.
- Monitoring and analyzing the statistics relevant to the content for social media.
- Collecting the social media content at special events such as concerts, film screenings, exhibits, etc.
- Assisting in creating the original social media content for the platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Snapchat.
- Attending meetings being an observer.
- Managing the agendas of meetings and drafting notes of the meetings.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned.
It is always advisable to read complete details from all aspects, and thus start processing the applications and submit them. Carefully check every point whenever you plan to apply. After examining each and everything, you should apply accordingly.
Competencies Required for the Internship
For all internship opportunities available with the United Nations, each has its own competency standards to be met. But for Intern – Public Information, following competencies are required from the applicants.
Note: For complete details about all three competencies required, the applicants should visit the official website, since comprehensive details are mentioned on the official page.
Eligibility Criteria for United Nations Careers (Intern – Public Information)
If you like to qualify for this internship, you need to meet the following conditions:
- The applicants have to be enrolled in or have done (completed) a graduate school program (secondary university degree or equivalent or higher), or they need to be enrolled in or have done (completed) the final academic year of a first university degree program (at least bachelor’s level or its equivalent).
- The applicants should be well versed with standard word processing and spreadsheets software applications like Excel or similar and Microsoft Word.
- They should possess a keen interest in the UN works, and show a personal commitment to the ideals of the charter.
- They should also demonstrate their ability to successfully make interactions with the individuals of various beliefs and cultural backgrounds that consist of willingness to try and understand and they should be tolerant of differing views and opinions.
There is no requirement of previous work experience to apply for this internship opportunity.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
- International MBA Scholarships in France
- University of Houston Downtown Scholarships in USA
- ADB Fully Funded Internship for International Students
Proficiency in Languages
The working languages at UN Jobs/Internships are English and French. Thus, your grip over English is required. If you possess knowledge of other official language of the United Nations such as Chinese, Arabic, French, Spanish, Kiswahili, Portuguese, Hindi and Russian, it will be desirable.
Deadline for Applications
The posting period is from 3rd March 2022 to 22nd August 2023. It is always advisable to submit the applications before the deadline.
To learn about complete requirements, the applicants are advised to visit the official website.
Assessment of Applications
The hiring manager will directly contact the potential candidates for further consideration.
Visit it: Bocconi university Scholarships in Italy
How to Apply for United Nations Careers (Intern – Public Information)
The application process and submission is online. Before you initiate the process, you should visit the official website and read all details.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
Also Check: New Brisbane Scholarships to Study in Australia
More Related Scholarships You May Like