For those seeking opportunities for distance learning, and the ones who are interested in the United Kingdom for those study goals, this opportunity is all set to entice them. If you like to get an education from the UK and want funds for your studies, then there is a commonwealth scholarship opportunity for you out there to grab it. It is now the time to submit the applications for the Commonwealth Distance Learning programme which is one of the three Master’s programmes offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission. Fasten the belts to apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Master’s Scholarships open for application submission.
Details about the Commonwealth Distance Learning Master’s Scholarships
As far as the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) is concerned, it provides the United Kingdom government scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. The purpose of this scholarship scheme is to enable outstanding and motivated students to access training and skills required for sustainable development which is not available in the home countries of the students.
Similar Scholarship: PhD Scholarships at Flinders University in Australia
Eligible Countries for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
These scholarships are offered to students from eligible low and middle-income countries of the Commonwealth so that they can undertake/pursue their part-time taught Master’s program with the universities in the UK while remaining in their countries (home countries). You may check out the list of eligible countries.
Six Themes Available for Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
- Strengthening Health Systems and Capacity
- Science and Technology for Development
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security, and Governance
- Promoting Global Prosperity
- Access, Inclusion, and Opportunity
- Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crises
Note: For more details about these themes, you may check details.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholars
For those candidates wishing to be eligible for this scholarship, they need to prove their eligibility mentioned as under:
- They have to be a citizen of or have been offered/granted refugee status by an eligible country of the Commonwealth, or they need to be a British Protected Person.
- The applicants have to be permanent residents of a developing country of the Commonwealth.
- The candidates should possess a first degree of minimum upper second class (2:1) standard. In certain cases, a lower qualification and sufficient related experience could be considered.
- They should not be able to afford to study the programme without the support of a scholarship.
You May Also Be Interested in These Scholarships:
Following are the selection criteria to be followed:
- The potential impact of the work on the development of the home country of the candidate.
- Candidate’s academic merit.
Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 Deadline
The last submission date for application submission is 28th March 2023. It is advisable to submit the applications well before time.
How to Apply for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Master’s Scholarships
Interested candidates need to submit applications and secure their admission to study an approved Master’s program at a participating university in the United Kingdom apart from applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship through the CSC’s Online Application System.
Follow Us on Social Media Platforms for Instant Scholarship Updates
Join us on social media platforms to get regular and instant updates on scholarship opportunities to make good career moves.
More Related Scholarships You May Like